Hauppauge WinTV Nova-S Plus : cx88[0]/2: cx8802_timeout

Hello,

I am having this problem setting up a Hauppauge WinTV Nova-S Plus card
under SuSe Linux 9.3:

I am using kernel version 2.6.15.2 with the latest mercurial v4l+dvb
tree as of this writing (I have also checked out on past weeks to no avail).
I am using two machines with identical software setup (disk cloned).
The first machine uses an ABit IS7-E mainboard, Intel P4 2.4GHz
The second machine uses an AOpen 865PEa-7iF mainboard, Intel Celeron 2.6GHz
Both mainboards use the Intel i865PE chipset.

Everything works fine on the first machine. Using szap with the -r flag,
I get /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 output fine.

However, when I plug the Nova-S Plus on the second machine, szap will
lock on channels but using the -r flag won't output anything on the dvr0
device. I also get a "kdvb-fe-0" process taking up some CPU time (2-10%)
during the szap.

Something of notice: My dmesg gets filled with these messages repeating
about every second, for as long as szap is running:

cx88[0]/2: [f11b6580/0] cx8802_buf_queue - first active
cx88[0]/2: cx8802_timeout
cx88[0]/2: cx8802_stop_dma
cx88[0]/2: restarting queue
cx88[0]/2: queue is empty - first active
cx88[0]/2: cx8802_start_dma w: 0, h: 0, f: 2
cx88[0]/2: setting the interrupt mask

I have come across a similar problem here:
http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2006-January/007403.html

I have also applied the mentioned pending patch, with no success.

Cloning the disk (patched or not) back to the first box produces a fully
working Nova-S Plus installation :|

I can only think of a hardware dependent issue that may be causing these
errors.

Some notes:
1. Hardware problem of the second box is out of the question. I got 8
identical boxes of the second configuration which exhibit the same problem.
2. Some PCI cards verified to work on both confurations are two
Hauppauge WinTV PVR-350 cards and two Hauppauge WinTV Nova-S cards. All
worked flawlessly on both.

Could somebody please shed some light on the issue?

Best regards

--

						Peppe
						e-mail: peppe@xxxxxxxxx