Re: Patch collection for bt8xx cards

On Mon, Feb 20, 2006 at 04:15:04PM +0100, Uwe Bugla wrote:
>  b) it mixes multiple independent
> > small patches into one large hunk.
> What is the pragmatic alternative if so many modules were just broken within
> the maintainership of your personal authority? I am sure I won´t get no
> answer from you to that.

Leaving your personal attacks aside, this is a general rule in the
kernel.

Please read the section "Break up your changes" in the
Documentation/HOWTO file in recent 2.6 kernel sources.

> [ some more personal attacks against Johannes ]

Some things to have in mind when doing kernel development:
- we are humans, each with own faults
- many people maintain a part of the kernel in their spare time, and
  "real life" is sometimes more important
- Linux kernel development has rules, e.g. some of them are described in
  Documentation/HOWTO

If you think Linux kernel development sucks that is no problem - the
Linux development model has both advantages and disadvantages (not that
I was happy with every detail) as with every other model.

If you don't like it, there are several other good open source operating
systems available and perhaps one of them fits better with your ideas
how to do development.

> Uwe

cu
Adrian