Patch collection for bt8xx cards

> On Sat, Feb 18, 2006, Ernst Herzberg wrote:
> > On Wednesday 15 February 2006 17:50, Uwe Bugla wrote:
> > > Subject: Patch collection for bt8xx cards
> > > signed off by: Uwe Bugla <uwe.bugla@xxxxxx>
> > > Functions:
> > > 1. Clean up printks
> > > 2. Fix relay handling.
> > > 3. Remove op_sync_orin and irq_err_ignore
> > > 4. Check msg_len in cx24110_send_diseqc_msg
> > > 5. Change mode of module params to 0644
> > > 6. Misc cleanup and robustness tweaks
> > > 7. synchronizes documentation for bt8xx cards to the standards defined
> in
> > > bt878.h, whitespace cleanups, more compact info now
> > >
> > > Applies against: linux-2.6.16-rc3
> > >
> > > send to: Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxx>
> > > copy to: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > > copy to: Edgar Toernig <froese@xxxxxx>
> > > copy to: linux-dvb@xxxxxxxxxxx
> > >
> > > Hi everybody!
> > > The breakdown for dvb-bt8xx cards continues for 3,5 months now.
> > > This patch collection finishes it.
> > > Original author of parts 1 - 6 is Edgar Toernig <froese@xxxxxx>.
> > > I only adapted the context and the line numbers where necessary.
> > > Author of part 7 is me.
> >
> > Thanks, this patch works without problems on my machine.
> >
> > Any chance to get it ito 2.6.16-final?
>
> It can't be applied in this form, as a) it mixes patches
> >from two authors,
Johannes,
it´s really interesting to read that by someone taking such big words like
"community effort" into his mouth.
Fact is: That material has been published for the first time in September of
the last year! Weren´t you maintainer too?
What do you pragmatically understand by "community effort", please?

 b) it mixes multiple independent
> small patches into one large hunk.
What is the pragmatic alternative if so many modules were just broken within
the maintainership of your personal authority? I am sure I won´t get no
answer from you to that.

> It might be useful if Edgar would resend his patch set,
> however I don't know why they didn't get applied
> the first time 'round...
Just incredible to read those words from a person like you.
> (Maybe it just needs a bit of takling to convince someone
> to pick them up.)
TALKING after 5 months?????
After all you´ve proven that neither your words nor your behaviour is in no
way reliable at all, Johannes. Shame on you!
What upsets most is your and also Abraham´s attitude looking for reasons NOT
DO DO something accepted by others, like lamb headed bureaucrats. You never
look for reasons for even partially do things that others expect you to do.
If someone with such an attitude talks about "community efforts" this is
another example for intolerable and outstanding of hypocrisy.
The hidden concept behind is nothing but hindrance out of reasons of
incapability! It´s blocking capable peoples efforts out of disinterest and
incapability. That is my impression about it, and I am still waiting to see
being proved the opposite.

Uwe