Re: Re: High level CI support in MythTV

On 2/9/06, Henrik Sjoberg <hsjo@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Excellent! Glad to be able to contribute.

Regards,
Henrik

> Klaas de Waal wrote:
>> Hi Henrik & Manu,
>>
>> This is to report a success!!
>> I have MythTV working with the Twinhan Cab-CI card for DVB-C with the
>> Alphacrypt 3.05  CA module (as sold by satshop.nl) and a conditional
>> access smartcard from  "tvhome" in the Netherlands (www.tvhome.nl ).
>> I have done the following:
>> In the DST driver (hg version date 2 februari 2006):
>> - applied patch "linux-dvb/2006-January/007452.html" as referred to in
>> MythTV ticket #844
>>  I did this manually as patch does not seem to understand the
>> line-wrapped html format.
>> - edited the ".type_flags" definition of the DCT-CI device to
>> DST_TYPE_HAS_NEWTUNE | DST_TYPE_HAS_FW_2. This is described by Manu
>> somewhere. Patchfile dst.patch is attached.
>

> Sounds great. Full credit goes to Henrik for his work on the MythTV
> support.
>

>> If you put the DVB fixes in the hg version I can of course test it
>> again.
>
> It is undergoing some changes, but you can find here for updates in the
> meantime, till things are in MAIN.
> http://www.thadathil.net/cgi-bin/hgwebdir.cgi/v4l-algo-test?cmd=archive;node=70266933831bc8efd85ecf808651595f79aede60;type=bz2
>

> Manu

I just want to report another success. I applied Henriks two patches (for the DST driver and mythtv) and can now watch all encrypted channels that I am entitled to.
Great work!

However, for channels where the signal is a little bit weak, sometimes mythfrontend locks up. Anyone else seen this problem?