Re: Difficulty getting b2c2_flexcop driver to recognize Air2PC rev 02

Mark Haun wrote:
Hi everyone,

I recently acquired one of these cards on Ebay.  After compiling the dvb
modules for my kernel (2.6.15) and depositing the firmware file
dvb-fe-bcm3510-01.fw into /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware (I am on Debian), I
cannot get the driver to recognize the card.  Unfortunately, I cannot get
the driver to complain, either, so I am in need of debugging advice.

Here's my lspci output:

bash-3.1$ lspci -v -s 01:09.0
0000:01:09.0 Network controller: Techsan Electronics Co Ltd B2C2 FlexCopII
DVB chip / Technisat SkyStar2 DVB card (rev 02)
        Subsystem: Techsan Electronics Co Ltd B2C2 FlexCopII DVB chip /
Technisat SkyStar2 DVB card
[snip]

b2c2-flexcop: B2C2 FlexcopII/II(b)/III digital TV receiver chip loaded
successfully

This is the *only* message I see.  lsmod shows b2c2_flexcop, dvb_core,
dvb_pll, and a whole slew of tuner(?) modules like bcm3510, mt352, stv0299,
nxt2002, etc.  But the firmware file has not been accessed, according to
stat(1).  So it seems the driver installation is aborting very early.  Isn't
it supposed to complain if it cannot determine the flexcop chip revision? Is there some way to get more information about why it is unhappy?

(azap, of course, returns "ERROR: failed opening
'/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' (No such device)")

Try:

modprobe b2c2_flexcop_pci

Yes, you already have b2c2_flexcop loaded, but b2c2_flexcop_pci is what loads the card-specific stuff. *MY* debian box does this automatically, though.

I hope this helps,

-Michael Krufky