Re: Dvico FusionHDTV 5 USB Progress

Jeremy Lee wrote:

Michael,
 Thanks for all the information! I signed up for the
 and am replying to it now.
Just a quick note, common netiquette is to post your reply BELOW the quoted text.... No big deal, but it makes a difference to readers trying to catch up on the thread.

I just checked out from Mercurial and installed
everything remotely. I just hope I installed
everything correctly! Unfortunately, I'm at work and
the tuner is not plugged into my Linux box at home
right now. When I get back I'll have to plug it in and
see if it works. I remember you mentioning in another thread that the
blue light should come on upon plugging in the device?
Was there anything else that I needed to do? I made
sure to get the bluebird*.fw firmware and put it in my
hotplugs dir (in my case: /etc/hotplug). And I was
successfully able to modprobe dvb-usb-cxusb
If you see FusionHDTV 5 USB Gold in your dmesg log, then it means that the module was build and installed correctly. You will notice a -110 error -- ignore it, it doesnt matter at all.

BTW: I'm running this on 2.6.12-1.1381_FC3smp. Are
there any known issues [so far] running on SMP or with
2.6.12? I recall 2.6.12(?) is the first necessary
kernel to recompile with the newer dvb support.

I am not familiar with the patches that go into FC3 kernels. I developed this code on a SMP box, and you should have no problems in that regard.

You should try the device before asking any more "what if" questions ;-) (I know that sounds rude, but I mean it in the nicest way possible)

You might also benefit from this howto (soon to be moved to the wiki, when I get a chance) ... This will help for you to test functionality of your box:

http://linuxtv.org/~mkrufky/atscscan/http://linuxtv.org/~mkrufky/atscscan/

Good Luck!

--
Michael Krufky