[linux-dvb] Compro DVB-T200 - question

raid517@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

 > Hi I am using Debian Kanotix (Sid Unstable) with all the latest
 > updates and kernel 2.6.15.1. I have a Compro DVB-T200 - saa7134-dvb
 > vased card - but for some reason this does not appear to work.
 >
 > I was previously using a nova-t budget card - and this worked very
 > well, so much so indeed that it required pretty much zero
 > configuration (especially in Kaffiene) and worked more or less out of
 > the box - but I gave that to my nephew as a gift included with a new
 > PC over Xmas.
 >
 > My dmesg and lsmod output for the saa7134 card are attached. The
 > driver appears to load fine, with no difficulties whatsoever - and I
 > even have the correct firmware installed by default - which I think is
 > dvb-fe-tda100046.fm (although there is no evidence in dmesg of this
 > being uploaded).
 >
 > However there is nothing listed in my /dev section under DVB (such as
 > /dev/dvb/video0, or /dev/dvb/adapter0 and so on). Indeed there are no
 > DVB enteries in my /dev directory at all. (In the past these were
 > always automatically created for me).
 >
 > Can anyone advise how best to get this card working? Is it likely that
 > this card will this card ever work out of the box in the same way that
 > my nova-t tv card did?

  From a quick glance, it looks to me as if you hadn't loaded the
 saa7134-dvb module - It does not load by itself.  Do:

 modprobe saa7134-dvb

 ...and it should take you a little bit further.  :-)

 Hope this helps,

Yay! Success at last. Again not much configuration required by me. Now I
just have to work out why there are a bunch of channels missing (BBC3,
BBC4, History etc) that my WinTV Nova-T card could pick up.

Thanks for all the help guys!

GJ