[linux-dvb] Freecom DVB-T USB stick freezes

mike choy wrote:

> Matthew
>
> if tzap is tuning that is pretty good, can you get a picture using
> dvbstream
>
> =============from ethics gradient=====================================
>
> "Now look at your channels.conf file for the channel you tuned above.
> For my setup on the Crystal Palace transmitter this line looks like:
>
> BBC
> ONE:505833330:INVERSION_OFF:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_3_4:FEC_NONE:QAM_16:TRANSMISSION_MODE_2K:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_32:HIERARCHY_NONE:600:601
>

> The last two numbers are the IDs of the video and audio stream within
> the multiplex. We also need the transmission parameters to feed to
> dvbstream. The command I would use for the channel above is this:
>
> *# dvbstream -o -ps -qam 16 -cr 3_4 600 601 | mplayer -*
>
> You'll need different options if you have DVB-S or DVB-C. See the
> documentation for dvbstream.
>
> The result should be a perfect DVB picture of your chosen channel. It
> should not stutter or break up and the audio should be clean. It's
> just possible that occasional artefacts may appear but they shouldn't
> be very noticeable. If the video breaks up, has major colour problems,
> has a very low frame rate or is corrupt then there is something wrong.

Mike,

It freezes after a couple of minutes using dvbstream and mplayer in
exactly the same way as with Kaffeine and xawtv4.

I really do think the problem is with the USB power draw. A colleague
was telling me this morning that boards for AMD CPUs are well known for
having low power USB ports.

Matthew