[linux-dvb] Strange problem on 1 channel only (UK)

James Pattinson wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I'm using a Freecom DVB-T USB interface in the UK, and it's working well
> except for one channel, BBC ONE. On this channel only, the audio breaks
> up and the video seems choppy.
>
> The thing I can't understand is that other channels on the same
> multiplex are fine, like BBC TWO etc...  so that suggests it's not a
> signal strength issue. What could possibly be different about this stream?

The only thing different about BBC ONE is the bitrate - especially if
you're using a USB interface you may experience problems - BBC ONE will
sit at substantially more bits per second than any other channel on
freeview :)

> I'm using MythTV and i've tried the tuner in both PS and TS mode with
> the same results.

Wow, you manage to get the whole TS over USB2 (I assume?) on other muxes
and all channels are fine? I'm impressed :)

If USB is not being the bottleneck, then perhaps the extra CPU grunt
required to decode the stream combined with the extra load in dealing
with the raw I/O is the problem?

Cheers,
Gavin.