[linux-dvb] dvb-bt8xx: A frontend driver was not found for device 109e/0878 subsystem 1822/0001

Sigmund Augdal Helberg wrote:

>On Mon, 2006-01-09 at 14:37 +0400, Manu Abraham wrote:
>

>>Benedict White wrote:
>>

>>>Jan  6 15:29:39 freevo DVB: registering new adapter (bttv0).
>>>Jan  6 15:29:39 freevo dst_probe: unknown device.
>>>Jan  6 15:29:39 freevo frontend_init: Could not find a Twinhan DST.
>>>Jan  6 15:29:39 freevo dvb-bt8xx: A frontend driver was not found for
>>>device 109e/0878 subsystem 1822/0001
>>>

>>>An ls of /dev/dvb/adapter0/ gives:
>>>[root@freevo ~]# ls -l /dev/dvb/adapter0/
>>>total 0
>>>crw-rw----  1 root video 212, 4 2006-01-06 15:29 demux0
>>>crw-rw----  1 root video 212, 5 2006-01-06 15:29 dvr0
>>>crw-rw----  1 root video 212, 7 2006-01-06 15:29 net0
>>>
>>>So still no frontend driver.
>>>
>>>Umm...
>>>
>>>My modprobe line looks like this:
>>>
>>>dst dst_algo=0
>>>

>>Which card do you have BTW ?
>>
>>Did you specify card=xxx for bttv ? If it persists still, let me know, i
>>will surely take a look at it.
>>Is the LED on your card glowing ? after POWER ON, ie without the module
>>getting loaded ?
>>
>>In fact it should be.
>>

>The experimental tree removes a rdc_8820_reset call that is needed
>during initialization. Putting it back will resolve this issue. Even
>with the reset this sometimes, but very rarely happens to me, I guess
>that is because of a timeing issue and the msleep calls directly below
>the reset call is slightly too small.

I am a bit confused now, since you said removal of this solves your
issue. Now the removal of which you say that causes problems. The
original post had nothing to do with this case, as that user did not
have that change in the code.

So a bit of testing with the various options such as what causes your
problem from a cold bott can help to identify this problem, rather than
a reset or a module load, which i explained earlier.

Manu