[linux-dvb] new DVB-S card "EasyWatch PCIlight" from Satelco is not recognized

Am Samstag, 7. Januar 2006 12:19 schrieb Regis Prevot:
> On Sat, 7 Jan 2006 03:29:33 +0100, Florian Bartels wrote
>
> > Thanks for the fast answer,
> >
> > after applying the patch (some hunks failed) and adding subid
> > 0x001e, I get the following messages:
>
> Have you try to apply the patch on the v4l-dvb cvs ?
> I tried to apply the patch today on the last cvs and i have
> no error.
I never used the v4l-dvb repository but the dvb-kernel one for linux 2.6.
It's quite easy to patch the files manually.

> I already had this problem when i have do some test on the knc1
> tvstar card. This can happen when you try a module which send an
> invalid command (ie on sd1878) on the i2c bus. When you load a new
> module the stv0299 can't be initialized, i2c bus will still in a busy
> state. The only solution that i found is to stop the computer (not
> reboot) and restart it.

After shutting down and a power off period of a few seconds, the driver loaded
successfully and seems to work (I only testet it for a few minutes).
I used dvb-kernel from January the 3rd, with my patch posted yesterday
( http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2006-January/007404.html ).
Please do not commit this patch to cvs, as it includes white space changes
and debug lines.

Thank you very much. This is a good example why I like open source. :-)

Best regarts,
 Florian