[linux-dvb] DViCo FusionHDTV5 Lite Analog Issues

On 1/6/06, mdrobnak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mdrobnak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yes...and no.
>
> Yes it did work - after switching from DVB -> Analog, I'd get the same issue..but if you changed channel to a 2nd one, it'd work fine. However, Now mythtv doesn't see when the DVB card is in use, so I messed up a minute of a recording last night when I was messing around. So....
>
> Must use seperate card in a case where you can have scheduling conflicts between analog and digital.

I would consider this to be a mythtv bug, and I've seen this myself as well:

When using a hybrid analog/digital capture device, mythtv recognizes
it as two entirely separate devices...  Although in some cases this
can work, most hybrid ATSC/NTSC devices share the same tuner, and can
only use analog or digital functions once at a time.

A way to fix this would be for mythtv to be able to associate the
analog capture device with the digital capure device, and for it to
realize that the digital tuner must be released before attempting to
use the analog tuner.

...while they're at it, all three v4l pci bridge chips (bt8xx,
saa713x, and now cx2388x) have DMA audio functioning well at this
time... I'm not sure if mythtv has the capability to handle the DMA
audio stream, i havent tried that yet....

I havent messed with mythtv enough... Maybe one day I'll take a look
at the code, but not anytime soon... ;-)

-Mike