[linux-dvb] Pinnacle 300i

Hi,

hermann pitton wrote:
> Am Freitag, den 03.02.2006, 15:55 +0000 schrieb Mike Ferenduros:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>Ah, the tuner module detects the mt2050 ok if I load tda9887 first, thanks
>>for the hint.
>>
>>Digital tuning is still broken though...there are no i2c problems I can see,
>>and the mt2050 says it's tuning to the right frequency, but nothing happens
>>beyond that.
>

> Interesting, we had lots of changes in the tuner area, but maybe the
> problem is somewhere else. After you try digital does the analog still
> work then?
>

>>Could anyone provide a log of a 300i doing a successful scan?
>

> Maybe Rainer can. The next suspect would be the TS interface then and
> one can enable debug for video-buf-dvb and ts_debug=1 for saa7134, see
> "modinfo saa7134" for further parameters. The changes here are _very_
> limited and Hartmut discussed them with Gerd, but I don't know if the
> saa7134 chip has been tested explicitly, since we are all mostly on
> saa7135 and 7131e, if it matters at all.
>
> Since Rainer says 20050627 works, there are only
>
>>http://www.linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/v4l-dvb/linux/drivers/media/video/saa7134/saa7134-ts.c?root=v4l&r1=1.14&r2=1.15
>
> which Gerd explicitly changed the other way round previously for 300i
> and
>
>>http://www.linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/v4l-dvb/linux/drivers/media/video/saa7134/saa7134-ts.c?root=v4l&r1=1.16&r2=1.17
>
> But you might have a look yourself with viewcvs.
> For the few changes in video-buf-dvb I assume no problems
> and these here are also only shots in the dark, since you seem to have
> no visible error messages. Strange.

I really don't think the problem lies in the TS interface. Even if it
were broken, this would not become visible before the channel decoder
reports lock. As far as i understood, it doesn't.
This is a just an idea:
The tuning procedure is "somewhat funny". The MT352 expects to control
the tuner via its own I2C master. This is not the case on this board.
The tuning procedure *might* be timing critical due to this.
In the suspected time frame, i added an msleep call in saa7134-i2c.c, line
311 to ensure a sufficient gap between 2 messages. From the physical point
of view, a udelay(10) is sufficient but to my understanding, delay calls
should be avoided.
You might try to replace the msleep(1) by a udelay(10). Maybe this helps.

Hartmut