[linux-dvb] Pinnacle 300i

Hello,

Am Donnerstag, den 02.02.2006, 19:29 +0100 schrieb Rainer Schubert:
> On Thu, 2 Feb 2006, Mike Ferenduros wrote:
>
> > Hello,
>
> Hi Mike and the list,
>
> > I'm having similar problems to the various other people who've reported
> > their Pinnacle 300i not working on recent kernels (90% of the time the
> > mt2050 is not detected by microtune_init, and scanning fails even when it is
> > detected).
>
> Same here with recent kernels. The best setup ever was with kernel
> 2.6.12.5 and the video4linux-archive as of 27062005 from bytesex.org.

that it is not detected and also doesn't work in analog mode I would
expect to be caused by an error in a recent patch, which announced to
force tda9887 port2=1 INACTIVE, but unfortunately did the opposite
port2=0 ACTIVE then and the analog tuner becomes invisible on this card.
The suspicious thing is that this was previously not needed at all.

You can change this in saa7134-cards.c for the 300i or load tda9887 with
"port2=1". After you quit digital tuning the driver should do this too
in saa7134-dvb.c to prepare the card for analog use again.

Seems to fail? Since I neither have the card nor any specific idea of
what is broken in digital mode, my suggestion is only to enable
i2c_debug=1 and gpio_tracking=1 for saa7134 and maybe debug=2 for
tda9887 and follow every single buffer looking for errors and maybe also
compare the working stuff with the broken then.

> You may wish to have a look at: http://www.puuhis.net/htpc/ and at
> http://de.gentoo-wiki.com/Pinnacle_300i though it's in German.
>
> > So I was wondering if anyone ever did get theirs working; if so, could you
> > point me in the right direction please? Or is this card 100% broken in
> > recent kernels?
>
> I have got two cards working with the above setup.
>
> > Thanks,
> > Mike Ferenduros
>
> Regards,
> Rainer