[linux-dvb] VHF tuning fails with dnt Eurostick (dvb-usb-wt220u)

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005, Alain Vaslet wrote:

> Hi Patrick,
>
>>> Under Windows everything works fine (with firmware 5.5.21.0 from dnt). No
>>> errors in the log file. So I'm wondering why there should be any problem
>>> with the stick itself.
>>
>> Firmware 5.5.21.0 from DNT? What does it mean? Where can one get it?
>
> You can download the software from
> http://www.dnt.de/index.php?dir=dl/front/dl&id=97&lx=d%3Ddl%26id%3D97&h_curr=2&c_curr=6
> !
>
> The new software bundle (http://www.dnt.de/dl/97/Euro-Eurostick09082005.zip)
> contains the newest firmware. It ist embedded in a *.sys file
> (DTV_Loader_2X1), so you can't use it straight in linux. The above version
> refers to the version of the sys file. But in the readme there are mentioned
> some VHF-improvements:

And the other thing I ask you to do? If it helps, try to use usbsnoop
(http://benoit.papillault.free.fr/usbsnoop/) to create a log for the
Firmware download. (device should be: 0x14aa:0x0222).

> --- sorry only in german ---

Macht nichts.

> Firmware-Update DVB-T EuroStick
> Dieses Update verbessert die VHF Empfangsempfindlichkeit bei DVB-T
> Programmen.
>

> Dateibezeichnung:    DTV_Loader_2X1.sys
>

> Vorgehensweise zum Ausf?hren des Firmware-Updates:
>
> Laden Sie die Update-Datei DTV_Loader_2X1.sys auf Ihren PC herunter und
> speichern Sie diese im Windows-Verzeichnis im Ordner
> /Windows/system32/drivers, indem Sie die vorhandene Datei ?berschreiben.
> Starten Sie anschlie?end die DVB-T Software. Das Update wird nun ausgef?hrt.
>
> --- end

So, extracting the firmware from the .sys-file is harder than to use the
usbsnooper.

regards,
Patrick.

--