[linux-dvb] dvb-bt8xx: A frontend driver was not found for device 109e/0878 subsystem 1822/0001

Artem wrote:

>Hello All.
>
>I still have a problem with Twinhan card.
>
>I'm install a new kernel 2.6.14.5 but problem with DST stil exist.
>linuxtv said that this card is supported but I can't make this card work at
>linux.
>http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Image:TwinhanVP-1025.jpg

-- snip --

>kernel: DVB: registering new adapter (bttv0).
>kernel: dst_probe: unknown device.
>kernel: frontend_init: Could not find a Twinhan DST.
>kernel: dvb-bt8xx: A frontend driver was not found for device 109e/0878
>ubsystem 1822/0001
>

>Could anyone say me whe's problem, is this linux problem and this card is't
>supported or I'm doing something wrong?

Can you please test the patches from here. These patches have not gone
into CVS and is still there in my private repo for testing..
You can choose the .gz or .bz2 buttons to download the tarballs instead
of patches. For more instructions follow the v4l-dvb HOWTO at the Wiki

The changeset is here at,

http://www.thadathil.net/cgi-bin/hgwebdir.cgi/v4l-algo-test?cmd=changeset;node=675755d11eb289dc063d4fc3fcc0e7503bbd5928

Please do let know how it works out.

the dst module now takes in an additional module parameter dst_algo. The
default algo is set to H/W (1). Since the hw_algo stuff is not yet
complete, i would suggest that you use the dst_algo=0 module option to
make sure.

It would be nice to receive feedback on what happens with dst_algo=1
option too.

Manu