[linux-dvb] Re: TT DVB-S Budget CI Problem

Hi

>  saa7146: register extension 'budget_ci dvb'.
>  ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:00:09.0[A] -> GSI 17 (level, low) -> IRQ 185
>  saa7146: found saa7146 @ mem ffffc2000006c000 (revision 1, irq 185)
> (0x13c2,0x100c).
>  DVB: registering new adapter (TT-Budget/WinTV-NOVA-CI PCI).
>  adapter has MAC addr = 00:d0:5c:02:6d:bd
>  budget_ci: CI interface initialised
>  DVB: registering frontend 0 (ST STV0299 DVB-S)...
>  dvb_ca adaptor 0: PC card did not respond :(

I did quite a bit of debugging today and narrowed the problem down to
the following: it seems the CI/CAM does not generate any interrupts.
During the CI initialisation, the driver resets the CI slot and the
waits for a CAMREADY interrupt so it can continue with CAM
initialisation. However this interrupt never happens and after the
timeout expires (10s) the above failure message is printed.

To make sure its not just this specific interrupt that is not
generated (because of a failed slot reset or something), I started the
driver without the CAM present, and then inserted it after the driver
had loaded. On my working system this immediately generates a
CAMCHANGE interrupt, on which the CAM is initialised. However with
this card and CI interface nothing happens.

Is it possible that this revision of the CI interface does not work
with interrupts and a status polling method has to be used ? Or are
the interrupts simply generated on a different mask and thus not
picked up ?

I would appreciate it if the guys that know this part of the budget_ci
code (Andrew, Oliver etc.) could give some feedback.

Werner

PS. I don't know if this is relevant, but when I received the card it
had messed-up/wrong eeprom data. However I only had to change the PCI
id (which I determined from the inf file of the TT driver) to get the
card working in Windows.
If somebody has the same card (13c2:100c) could you please post a dump
of your eeprom (i2cdump <i2cbus> 0x50).
Thanks.