[linux-dvb] TT DVB-S Budget CI Problem

Hi

I recently acquired the above mentioned card to build a HTPC. I already own
a Hauppauge NOVA-CI which works perfectly with my PayTV provider. The TT was
sold as being identical to the NOVA-CI and is the reason I bought this old
(and now discontinued) model, rather than the newer TT S-1500 (of which I
think the CI part is not yet supported).

However this card differs a bit from my NOVA-CI: it has the Alps BSRU6 tuner
instead of the Phillips tuner and the CI is a newer board revision (1.1 vs
1.0R) with some extra components around the CI connector. The card is picked
up correctly and the normal functions work fine (scanning, tuning, remote
etc). The problem is with the CI interface. It is picked up and initialised
(when present) and the presence of the CAM is detected, however
communication with the CAM fails leading to failed CA initialisation. The
relevant log messages:

saa7146: register extension 'budget_ci dvb'.
ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:00:09.0[A] -> GSI 17 (level, low) -> IRQ 185
saa7146: found saa7146 @ mem ffffc2000006c000 (revision 1, irq 185)
(0x13c2,0x100c).
DVB: registering new adapter (TT-Budget/WinTV-NOVA-CI PCI).
adapter has MAC addr = 00:d0:5c:02:6d:bd
budget_ci: CI interface initialised
DVB: registering frontend 0 (ST STV0299 DVB-S)...
dvb_ca adaptor 0: PC card did not respond :(

The last message only appears after a few seconds, probably after some
timeout.

lspci -vn

00:09.0 Class 0480: 1131:7146 (rev 01)
        Subsystem: 13c2:100c
        Memory at 00000000e7000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512]

My system:
AMD Sempron 3100+
Suse 10.0 x86_64
Kernel 2.6.13-15-default

I tried both the kernel included drivers and dvb-kernel CVS (yes I know the
CVS tree has moved, but there have been no functional changes to the used
driver since the merge). I also installed Windows on the box and confirmed
that this card with CI and CAM is infact working.

Is this version of the CI wired differently or is something else preventing
the correct functioning. I would appreciate some tips on how to debug this
problem further.

Werner