[linux-dvb] bt878(0): IRQ lockup, cleared int mask

Hm. Hi there,

I fixed my problems myself by changing the DVB-T card, changing mine
with that of a friend.

What I can say after that:

Now it is not the dvb-bt8xx module anymore, it's the cx88-dvb which runs
perfectly.
Perhaps you can see any important differences between those drivers.

So, I'm sorry, I can't test anything related to the AverMedia on the
NForce chipset anymore.

Edgar Toernig wrote:
> Mark Kusch wrote:
>
>>I installed a new mainboard, switching from a VIA KT600 to a NForce2
>>(Asus A7N8X-XE) chipset, switching via_sata to nv_sata and so on.
>>
>>[...]
>>Nitro-Sources 2.6.14
>>[...]
>
> Afaik, 2.6.14 produces kernel oopses with the bttv driver (and also
> with NVidia's video driver).  So either use 2.6.13 (for which the
> patch was made) or wait for 2.6.15.  I'll send an updated patch for
> dvb_bt8xx when 2.6.15 is released.
>
> (If you can't wait, search for op_sync_orin and irq_err_ignore
> in the archives for a quick hack ...)

I couldn't wait :>
Um, but I'm some kind of dvb and related hardware- noob that I thaught
that it wouldn't make any sense to try around with that.

> Ciao, ET.

Thanks a lot for all your help,

kraM

- --