[linux-dvb] bt878(0): IRQ lockup, cleared int mask

Mark Kusch wrote:

>Same issue now here:
>
>Hi there!
>
>I installed a new mainboard, switching from a VIA KT600 to a NForce2
>(Asus A7N8X-XE) chipset, switching via_sata to nv_sata and so on.
>
>I never experienced any problems watching TV with my AverMedia (bt878 /
>mt352) since it first ran here on my machine.
>
>I watched in the archives... The patch referred to at
>http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2005-September/004481.html is
>some kind of outdated for me. I tried it, but nothing else than failed
>HUNKs.

Can you test this one out ? You can even pull the entire tree as a
tarball , by clicking on gz or bz options.

http://www.thadathil.net/cgi-bin/hgwebdir.cgi/v4l-dvb-cleanup?cmd=changeset;node=1b4ffaea140aaff910e5d2b26451c57d2a88caa5

Eventhough this doesn't fix the exact cause of the lockup, ignoring the
interrupts would fix the lockup problem, if this solves the problem, i
will apply the same fix for IRQ lockup that i had for another PCI bridge.

Manu