[linux-dvb] Linux DVB Driver for USB TwinhanDTV StarBox

Hi,

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005, Paul.Peyker@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hopefuly you can answer my question
>
> Is it at this time of the DVB-Driver implementation possible to get the
> USB TwinhanDTV StarBox working for Linux (VDR) or not ?

I don't think so, there is a driver (which is based on Windows sources)
but I never tested it (because of the lack of dish) and others reported
only problems...

> On the LinuxTVWiki
> (http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB_USB#TwinhanDTV_StarBox_-_DVB-
> S) there is the following written down:
>
> "The driver is still a little work in progress. If you want to help the
> development, please consult the linux-dvb Mailing list and dvb-kernel
> CVS. The frontend-part of the DST-driver could be rewritten to be used
> by the USB driver. Currently it is hard-wired to the PCI-cards."

Yes, that could be one improvement: combining the dst-fe and the
usb-driver. Manu wanted to free the dst-driver from the PCI-bindings - I
don't know the current situation.

To answer your question: I think the driver does not working currently.

best regards,
Patrick.

--
   Mail: patrick.boettcher@xxxxxxx