[linux-dvb] A driver for EZ-USB FX2, Philips TU1216L DVB-T USB device?

On 12/15/05, Patrick Boettcher <patrick.boettcher@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> You can use the dvb-usb-firmware-loader for downloading the firmware to
> the cypress, you just need to convert the firmware-file into
> intel-hex-format (in binary) and put the filename in the
> dvb_usb_properties.

dvb-usb successfully load my firmware yesterday but the
/dev/dvb/adapter* nodes did not appear. They did when I manually
loaded the firmware with fxload. I think I converted the hex file
badly. I had just downloaded hex2bin and will be trying again soon.
Thanks for letting me know. At least I know I am on the right track.

I am now looking at the i2c_msg/ctrl_msg and i2c_xfer functions. In
dibusb-common.c(line 111)

	sndbuf[1] = (addr << 1) | (wo ? 0 : 1);
	<snip>
	if (!wo) {
		sndbuf[wlen+2] = (rlen >> 8) & 0xff;
		sndbuf[wlen+3] = rlen & 0xff;

May I know what the bit shifts and bitwise logic are for? How did you
determine the required structure and thus what to fill sndbuf[]
with(addr, len) for the various devices? usblog?

Thanks and regards,
Arnold