[linux-dvb] Linvdr - Display Power Management

Hello:

  I am posting this here because my German is unfortunately not good enough yet for posting to the LinVDR list ..

  Just installed LinVDR over weekend and all is now working great .. had  an initial problem with VDR crashing (logs looked fine) and scan  returning odd unrecognizable data and then crashing after 1st  transponder scan which I resolved by simply replacing the ttpci-dvb and  sp8xxx firmware distributed with LinVDR with the firmware distributed  with my Technotrend Premium DVB-T card and the SP8xx from cvs  dvb-kernel.

  One last thing I would like to do is to have my display turn off (or at  least turn off its backlight) after say 15 minutes of non-use.

  I know how to do this in X using xset, but am not sure how to do it without X installed.

  I do know that VDR is configured to automatically turn off after 30  minutes of inactivity which would solve this problem, however, this  seems to take place even when there is a recording scheduled.   Anyone know how to set it up so that it will only shutoff when there is  not anything scheduled.

  Cheers.

  David