[linux-dvb] DVB part of LifeView FlyDVB-T Duo does not work.

Hi, Frank

<snip>

>> You are talking about the mini PCI module Medion sold in an i.e. 17''
>> notebook,
>> right? Unfortunately, I don't know precisely what is on this module, but
>> i expect it's different from card 55.
>> Especially if the board also supports FM Radio, you should have more
>> luck with
>> card 81. Can you please give it a try and report what happens?
>> 2 Notes:
>> - You will need a quite recent snapshot to get it up.
>> - Specifying card and tuner type should not be necessary, just the
>> crad type
>>   should do the trick.
>> I am very interested in the dmesg output when you try this card.
>>
>> Good luck
>>    Hartmut
>
> Hartmut,
>
> Yes I am talking about the mini OCI version in the multimedia 17"
> notebook sold by Medion - through ALDI.
>
> I tried card 81 (amongst all others) and still no luck. The following is
> the dmesg and dvbscan output for the cards 12, 55, 61 and 81. Let me
> know if I can do anything to get you more data to figure this out! I can
> run this card under Windows as well - if there is anything i can gather
> from there!
>
> Thanks, Frank

Thanks for the information. One minor thing is that you don't need the
tvaudio module. It causes the tuner not to be detected properly.
Few days ago, i learned that there is a new "base design" of the card
manufactor which is not compatible with the philips drivers. looks like
your board is based on this too. I have access to a cardbus version.
I need to find out what causes the incompatibility. I will start working
on this soon.

Best regards
    Hartmut