[linux-dvb] DVB part of LifeView FlyDVB-T Duo does not work.

Hi, Frank

Frank Schaeckermann wrote:
> Hi everybody!
>
> I have a Medion Laptop with a LifeView FlyDVB-T DUO board in it. Medion
> put out a firmware update for
> the card to make it work with the newest driver from LifeView under
> Windows. I did install that
> firmware update and am now wondering if that might be the reason why I
> can't get the DVB part working
> under Linux!?!? tvtime shows the analog television okay (albeit without
> sound but that might be a
> configuration problem).
>
> My system is a Fedora Core 4 with kernel 2.6.14. I downloaded
> v4l-kernel, dvb-kernel and dvb-apps from
> CVS very early (1am CET) on November 25th and build all modules "out of
> tree", deleted all modules that
> were originally installed with the kernel and replaced them with the
> newly built ones. Compile, replace
> and depmod went flawlessly. Now when I do modprobe saa7134 card=55 and
> modprobe saa7134-dvb everything
> seems to load okay but running i.e. dvbscan does not work at all. I put
> together what dmesg shows after
> the various commands (see below). I also tried to specify the tuner with
> "modprobe saa7134 card=55 tuner=<nr>" and went through all other 65
> tuners as well.
>
> One example of the dmesg output for tuner=63 is shown below, because for
> all other tuners than 54
> (which is presumably the one actually present on the board) the driver
> found the firmware revision
> okay and reported revision 23 when running dvbscan whereas for tuner 54
> an invalid revision ff was
> reported.
>
> If anybody can point me in some direction what I can do to make the card
> work or what addtional
> information to provide to enable someone to figure out what is going on,
> please speak up! :-)
>
> Regards, Frank
>
> P.S. Thanks for all the good work you put into video4linux!!!

You are talking about the mini PCI module Medion sold in an i.e. 17'' notebook,
right? Unfortunately, I don't know precisely what is on this module, but
i expect it's different from card 55.
Especially if the board also supports FM Radio, you should have more luck with
card 81. Can you please give it a try and report what happens?
2 Notes:
- You will need a quite recent snapshot to get it up.
- Specifying card and tuner type should not be necessary, just the crad type
   should do the trick.
I am very interested in the dmesg output when you try this card.

Good luck
    Hartmut