[linux-dvb] How to compile the firmware into the driver?

Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 04, 2005, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>
>>I have downloaded the latest driver snapshot from
>>
>>  http://linuxtv.org/downloads/snapshots/v4l-dvb-20051202.tar.gz
>>
>>and the latest firmware from
>>
>>  http://linuxtv.org/downloads/firmware/dvb-ttpci-01.fw-2622
>>
>>and expanded the driver source into
>>
>>  /home/kls/vdr/DVB-v4l-dvb.2005-12-02
>>

>>What is the simplest method to build this driver and have
>>it compile the firmware into it?
>>
>>I tried writing
>>
>>CONFIG_DVB_AV7110_FIRMWARE=y
>>CONFIG_DVB_AV7110_FIRMWARE_FILE=./dvb-ttpci-01.fw
>

> We agreed to drop support for this during the merge of the trees
> (there was some build problem, can't remember what it was,
> but I thought no one uses this anyway so let's drop it).
>
> Any reason why you don't want to use CONFIG_FW_LOADER and
> let the udev or hotplug scripts do the work?
>
> Johannes

Because I want to have a directory for a given driver version
that contains _everything_ that belongs to that driver, including
the firmware.

When I test a new driver I set up a new directory for it, and if
it gives me any trouble I can quickly and easily switch back to
the working version.

Klaus