[linux-dvb] How to compile the firmware into the driver?

Matthias Schwarzott wrote:
> On Sunday 04 December 2005 13:57, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>
>>What is the simplest method to build this driver and have
>>it compile the firmware into it?
>>

> Hi!
>
> Why do you want to do it this way?
> I don't know how to get make to do it, but I think it is better to use hotplug
> to load the firmware as it simplifies updating/testing different firmware
> version etc.
>
> Matthias

Because I want to have a directory for a given driver version
that contains _everything_ that belongs to that driver, including
the firmware.

When I test a new driver I set up a new directory for it, and if
it gives me any trouble I can quickly and easily switch back to
the working version.

Klaus