[linux-dvb] FIXED! Re: FusionHDTV3 Gold-T / Thomson DDT 7610 - analog NTSC tuner dead - digital ATSC still works

CityK wrote:

> Michael Krufky wrote:
>
>> I appreciate the ideas, but unfortunately the rf selection isn't the
>> culprit here - Mac implemented this by using a callback that IS
>> defined for the Gold-Q card, but NOT defined for the Gold-T board....
>> BTW, if there are any other boards that use lgdt330[2,3] , they can
>> also use this callback function to change RF inputs.
>
> Cool.  Like I said, it was a long shot :P
>

>> ..and about that "stuck" bit, being fixed only by a cold boot -- That
>> was during development of the FusionHDTV5 Gold driver... completely
>> different animal, using LG DT3303 (instead of DT3302), and using
>> LG-TDVS-H062F, containing TUA6034 tuner (and tda9887), rather than
>> the Thomson DDT 7611 / [Temic/Microtune] 4042 tuner.
>>
>> IIRC, we worked that out in the end by programming the tda9887 chip.
>
> Ah, yes, that is what I was thinking about....I ran out of time last
> night to try to track it down to see if it might have pertained to
> your situation.
>
>> How can I find out what IC is employed?
>
> Sorry, I don't know.
>
>> (I have a feeling that you're going to tell me to write to DViCO --
>> They always reply to my mails, but they take approx 2 months each
>> time :-(  )
>
> Actually, that's an interesting comment.  I may be able to aide in
> expediting your rate of correspondence with Dvico.  You see -->  Not
> too long ago, someone on AVS made a very similar statement.  Another
> poster then replied that they had no problem with more or less
> overnight correspondence with Dvico and then provided a email link
> with which they used to correspond.  The original poster then followed
> up stating that he had just tried this updated email address and Dvico
> had indeed quickly responded!
>
> Now, of course, those messages are likely going to be buried deep in
> one of the many Dvico threads....but, I believe Terry Peterson now has
> a line of dialogue with the Dvico, so I will ask him....I will update
> when I hear back from him.
>

>> I'll take another look at the Thomson DDT 761x datasheet ... maybe
>> there's some info about it there.
>
> I looked at the picture in product brief
> (http://www.thomson.net/EN/Home/MiniSites/Display/TunersRFSolutions/ModelDetail.html?category=Digital%20Terrestrial%20Tuners%20NIMs&model=DTT761X
> ) but the readily visibly IC is likely just the tuner/pll
>
> -- Cheers, CK

As it turns out, Thomson DDT 761X has tda9887.... Not only that, but my
FusionHDTV3 Gold-T isn't fried at all -- I was suffering from the same
problem as Gene, Don and Perry.... I just dont understand why it wouldnt
work with older kernels or in windows.

Oh well.... I applied the same fix to FusionHDTV3 Gold-T as was applied
to pc HDTV 3000 ..... Now all is well.  8-)

-Mike