[linux-dvb] [Patch] Latest CVS Error installing dst.ko

Michael Ditum wrote:

>On 24/11/05, Michael Krufky <mkrufky@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>Michael-
>>
>>You were doing the right thing when you followed the instructions in the
>>wiki for the merge-trees build method.  The problem is that I have
>>recently added dvb-core into the merged build, and it is causing some
>>conflicts in your configuration.  You have three options:
>>
>>1) Recompile your kernel from scratch, following the directions exactly,
>>selecting NO DVB SUPPORT to be built -- this means, no not build them
>>in-kernel, and do not build them as modules.  After doing the kernel
>>build, follow the rest of the tree-merge instructions.
>>
>I just tried that and it worked great! I now have the cs24123 card and
>my Nova-S with CI working fine.
>
>One extra point, once I had completed the tree-merge instructions the
>cx24123 was detected fine but budget_ci and budget_core hadn't been
>built so the Nova-S with CI wasn't detected. I just had to do a make,
>make modules_install in dvb-kernel/build-2.6 to get them working.
>Thanks to Marco Coli for that tip!
>
>Thanks a lot for all your help!

I'm happy to hear that it's all working for you now.

For anybody interested, as of today, you can install ALL modules from a
merged dvb-kernel + v4l-kernel cvs tree by using v4l-kernel's
merge-trees build environment.

In other words, by following the directions for tree-merge on the
wiki-howto, located at
http://linuxtv.org/v4lwiki/index.php/How_to_build_from_CVS the following
command will install ALL modules from BOTH dvb-kernel AND v4l-kernel:

make merge-trees && make && make install

Please let me know if there are any problems / unexpected behavior.

Cheers,

Michael Krufky