[linux-dvb] [Patch] Latest CVS Error installing dst.ko

On 24/11/05, Michael Krufky <mkrufky@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Michael-
>
> You were doing the right thing when you followed the instructions in the
> wiki for the merge-trees build method.  The problem is that I have
> recently added dvb-core into the merged build, and it is causing some
> conflicts in your configuration.  You have three options:
>
> 1) Recompile your kernel from scratch, following the directions exactly,
> selecting NO DVB SUPPORT to be built -- this means, no not build them
> in-kernel, and do not build them as modules.  After doing the kernel
> build, follow the rest of the tree-merge instructions.

I just tried that and it worked great! I now have the cs24123 card and
my Nova-S with CI working fine.

One extra point, once I had completed the tree-merge instructions the
cx24123 was detected fine but budget_ci and budget_core hadn't been
built so the Nova-S with CI wasn't detected. I just had to do a make,
make modules_install in dvb-kernel/build-2.6 to get them working.
Thanks to Marco Coli for that tip!

Thanks a lot for all your help!

Mike