[linux-dvb] Re: Siemens DVB-C and CAM

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005, Peter Martens wrote:

> 2005/11/14, belcampo <belcampo@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> On Monday 14 November 2005 13:53, Peter Martens wrote:
>>> I am new to this list so maybe need some steering.
>>> I am trying to setup my siemens dvb-c card with a CI and an Alphacrypt
>>> CAM. Without CAM my card is working alright. When I try to use my card
>>> to view encrypted channels in MythTV, nothing happens. I can tune to a
>>> channel but I am not able to view the content.
>>> I am trying to find out what is wrong... A few questions.
>>> 1. It is possible to use the siemens card with an Alphacrypt CAM, isn't it?
>>> 2. How can I find out if the card recognises the CAM?
>> dmesg | grep -i cam
>> results in
>> budget-av: cam inserted
>
> Not such a message! I think the driver isn 't loading OK. At least the
> budget part isn 't. Can someone point me in the right direction on how
> to load the driver? I am using Fedora Core 4. For now I am using the
> autodetection method and without the cam it was working allright.
> Which modules do I have to load for the CAM to work?
> Thanks

I assume you are using a Full-Featured card? With MPEG2 decoder onboard?

If so, you won't see budget-av: cam inserted, because your driver is
not budget-av.

I was using an Alphacrypt module, my Premiere card and VDR (the software)
to watch PayTV.

The application has to control the CAM, it is not done automagically. I
don't know if MythTV is able to handle CAMs.

Try VDR first, if this works, you can go on with MythTV.

In VDR you are also able to check CAM's version and things like that.

regards,
Patrick.

--
   Mail: patrick.boettcher@xxxxxxx