[linux-dvb] Re: help new Cinergy T2 (aka newbie w/ cinergy T2)

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005, Alan Miller wrote:

> Hello Rainer,

Hi Alan,

[...]
> I followed the docs (which are very well done) and ran myth-setup
> and everything went just fine. Now when I start mythfrontend it crashes
> with a SEGV. Then I found this,
> so it looks like I'm outta luck until it gets fixed and gets repackaged.

Well you might try to be audacious for a change and compile the whole
source code yourself. If it's not a bug in the code that causes Mythtv
to crash, but just a faulty package, or a package not aware of the 64 bit
architecture you are using (wasn't it you ?) then you might succeed.

For the meantime you might want to try some of the other programs
available like Kaffeine, Xine (with DVB support) or ZapDVB to be able
to see what your cinergyT2 is able to receive.

[...]
Regards,
Rainer
--