[RFC] Hybrid cards was Re: [linux-dvb] Re: backwards compatability -was- actual cvs broken?

Hartmut Hackmann wrote:

> I don't know how bt878 handles the transport stream, maybe it does some
> funny thing similar to the saa7146.

I've no idea what the saa7146 does but for the bt878 its trivial: the
bt878 is used as a dumb DMA-controller.  The complete transport stream
is simply fed to the (digital) audio input port of the bt878 and then
written into memory (a 128k ringbuffer).  All filtering is done in
software.

Manu Abraham wrote:

> Well in most cases this does not create too much of hassles, but for the
> 878, one can have either DVB/ATSC or CVBS/Analog at a time. You cannot
> have both of them simultaeneously though.

Sure you can.  Works fine here (Pinnacle PCTV-Sat).

Ciao, ET.