[linux-dvb] tda1004x update

Hartmut Hackmann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just committed an update of the tda1004x dvb-t driver to the dvb-kernel
> CVS. It only affects the tda10046 (hopefully):
>
> - fixed oddities at firmware download from eeprom.
> - more tolerant vs crystal frequency offset. It should now work with up
>   to -/+100ppm deviation. This can be the cause why some boards like
>   the Lifeview just didn't work for some users.
> - lower sampling clock to 48Mhz for low IF and 53MHz for 36MHz. Together
>   with some other minor changes, this increases the sensitivity a bit.
> - doesn't touch the GPIOs any longer. This needs to be handled by the
>   board layer.
>
> The latter change might cause incompatibilities. However, it is necessary
> since the pins are used very differently. I could not find problems with
> boards i have access to.
>
> Have Fun
>   Hartmut

hi,
my lifeview duo finally tunes a frequency that previously couldn't be
received, although
it's full of errors.
Unfortunately the 2 VHF frequencies available here, that incidentally
seem to be the ones
transmitting with the highest power and lowest error rate, can't be
tuned at all (nor they were
previously).

Did I ever tell you that your drivers work *much* better than the ones
for windows shipped
with the card? :)
Using the card in windows is impossible, but in linux it's a totally
different story (although
this card seems to be extremely weak).

Thanks,

    Nico