[linux-dvb] about to buy a FusionHDTV5 Gold Plus card

On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 09:55:32AM -0800, jignesh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> As far as I understand, the Lite has the old Brooktree chip (for the NTSC
> decoding part of it), whereas the Gold has the newer cx88 chip.  I'm sure
> the cx88 driver will eventually mature to be as stable and proven as the
> bttv driver, so no worries there.  bttv driver seems to have been around
> forever, and hence I can understand your preference of Lite over Gold.

On the contrary - the cx88 is exactly why you should prefer the Gold!
It has a decent sized FIFO for digital data transfer, while the bt878
was not designed for it.

DVICO's DVB cards come in Lite and regular too, with the bridge chip
being the difference again (and perhaps the software).

Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt VK3SB <hamish@xxxxxxxxxx> <hamish@xxxxxxxxxxxx>