[Linux-dvb] about to buy a FusionHDTV5 Gold Plus card

I have not had much luck with the FusionHDTV Gold Plus card with the video
4 linux drivers.  Channels that can tune with the Windows drivers have not
been able to tune using the atscscan utility provided by dvb-apps.  I have
tried many different kernels with many different versions of the DVB code
and the results have not changed.  I am in the US I am trying to tune QAM
unencrypted channels.

Outside of that I don't see you PC pulling off what you would want to do.
You might be able to capture 720p or 1080i with that, but I doubt playback
will work.

My test box is an AMD 1800XP and it is uses about 70% CPU when playing
back video.

You will need to definitely get a video card that supports component out.
Many of the NVidia based cards come with a VGA->component video dongle.  I
am using an Nvidia 6200 in my test box.  There are many debates as to
which video card will work best for this thpe of operation.

People with more experience can definitely feel free the share their
experiences, but I do not see you being able to pull off an HTPC with that
box.
--

http://photo-gallery.gemneye.org:1115/Gallery/

This is what you said jignesh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx