[linux-dvb] Two card config question

Philip Prindeville wrote:
> Michael Krufky wrote:
> install bttv0 /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install bttv && /sbin/modprobe
> dvb-bt8xx && /sbin/modprobe dst
> install bttv1 /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install bttv &&
>
> But that doesn't work...  or at least, not automatically at boot.  I
> have to run
> "modprobe bttv0" and then "modprobe bttv1"...  I suppose there's an easy
> way to fix that, such as:

I think the reason it doesn't work is that the "modprobe bttv" creates
both the bttv0 & bttv1 devices, hence only one of your two "install
bttvX" lines ever gets executed. You could try having just a single line
which does everything:

install bttv /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install bttv && /sbin/modprobe
dvb-bt8xx && /sbin/modprobe dst && /sbin/modprobe cx88-dvb &&
/sbin/modprobe cx8800

FWIW, I removed all my modprobe lines for the frontends of my budget
cards. There was a change made a while ago to the budget code which
forced it to load every supported frontend when the budget module is
loaded. Perhaps this change should be propagated to other card drivers?

If all else fails, just add the modprobe commands to the /etc/rc.local
file. These will be executed every reboot.

	Jon