[linux-dvb] Hauppauge Nova-T USB2 doesn't work

--- Jonathan Stott <jms30@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Bob,
>
> I have the same problem. dmesg shows that the device
> is properly loaded,
> yet I can't tune into any channels. I am going to
> try plugging the
> device into a Windows laptop next week (when I
> remember to bring my
> laptop home from work), but I can successfully tune
> in a Philips STB for
> the TV, so I don't think there's a signal problem.
>
> One thing that I noticed was that the light on the
> front of the box
> isn't illuminated - kind of implies to me that the
> computer thinks the
> box is connected and working properly when it isn't
> somehow.
>
> Jonathan

I finally managed to tune channels ; the transponders
parameters where probably wrong. I replaced them by
AUTO, like this :
T 674000000 8MHz AUTO AUTO AUTO AUTO AUTO AUTO
and it worked with dvbscan and kaffeine,
great!

The red light is illuminated, so you might have a
problem somewhere.