[linux-dvb] Lite-On Technology USB stick supported?

Hi,

On Tue, 25 Oct 2005, Rollo Gleeson wrote:
> Wow have I been toiling to get my shiny new USB DVB mini-stick to work. So
> far with no success. I have kernel 2.6.13.4 installed, and all the firmware I
> can find at linuxtv.org for DVB-T USB sticks installed in
> /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware. Kernel DVB config is set to default values.
>
> So, to start at the beginning. Does anyone know if my device is supported?

Currently it's not supported because it's new and the vendor didn't care
about linux support in advance, probably because only a few users were
asking for it. At least that is my experience.

> http://www.liteon.com/prod/getProduct.do?cid=1_22_1&xml_id=4_2&menu_id=4_2_22
> shows a picture.

Neat. I have an assumption, but I not 100% sure yet. Can you please
provide the windows driver .inf files (and the .sys files) somewhere (an
URL would be the best thing).

> #lsusb
> Bus 001 Device 005: ID 04ca:f000 Lite-On Technology Corp.

Can you put the lsusb -v output of that device somewhere? (Not necessarily
send it by Email, but just send the link).

> Anyone..?

BTW: no one needs to cry, if there is an answer you will get one (sooner
(sometimes the good answer can take one week) or later), if no one knows
the answer, you won't get one.

regards,
Patrick.

--