[linux-dvb] RE: Drivers for WinTV NOVA-S-Plus 794 (chipset CX23883)

Am 28.10.2005, 10:30 Uhr, schrieb <linux-dvb-request@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi again,
>
> Card is a:
> 	Hauppauge WinTV Nova-S-Plus 92001 Rev B1B1 LF
> 	Chipsets: 	Broadcast decoder CX23883-19
> 			QPSK Demod CX24123-11Z
>
> Here is the result of dmesg with insmod card=0 and card=18 options.
>
> N.B: I did not remove any line to avoid deleting useful information
> I also added "lsmod" at the end after the "modprobe batch" below and
> lspci and "lspci -vn" if it can help. Sorry if message is quite long...
>
> TIA
> Fabien

You could have avoided that...
If you would have looked back in the mailing list, you might have seen
that the Nova-S-Plus is a completely new design that is not covered by the
cx88 driver, thus it won't work, and that Steve Toth (from Hauppauge) has
a new, working driver at hand which is right about to be released under
GPL, within the next few days, or maybe just as well weeks.
(Personally speaking, I believe it will become at least middle of December
until release, though I don't have any information;  just estimated from
long-time experience with scheduled release dates :-/ ....)

Ansgar

--
*** Musik! ***