[linux-dvb] Question regarding Air2PC r3 (Nxt2002 based)...answer may have implications for Nxt200x driver

CityK wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am under the impression, through reports I have seen on the net,
> that the Air2PC r3 (Next2002 based) card has some sort of tuning
> difficulty with some cable frequencies. (IIRC, even one of either the
> Myth Store or Cyeberestore also made mention of this in their
> pre-release hyping of the Airstar HD5000).
>
> Q1 - is this true ? .... (I hope so, else I've been guilty myself of
> upping the noise ratio on the net ... nothing like spreading
> unsubstantiated FUD  I tells ya :) )
>
> Q2 - If true, what exactly is the problem (or has it been diagnosed)?

This is the ATSC card (not the DVB-T one) right?  If so, from what I've
heard, it only works with 8VSB -- NOT QAM signals.  Patrick told me
that, and that is why I didnt buy it on ebay.  $49.95 buy-it-now!

Although it is possible to carry 8VSB over cable, I dont think it's
actually being done anywhere in practice, although I could be wrong.

Would be nice for someone who has that card to test it with the new
nxt200x driver.  In it's current state, the flexcop patch proposed by
Kirk should do the trick.

--
Michael Krufky