[linux-dvb] patch - descrambling on stream level

On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 11:28:33PM +0200, Henrik Sjoberg wrote:

> And please let me know how it works for you all. Would be nice to know if
> I have fixed descrambling for anyone...

It did, indeed, fix it for me. All of the CA channels I have
access to (which are the six channels by swiss national TV) are
being descrambled correctly now.

Thank you very much for this great job!

I cannot really comment on the "-m" option, other than that it
produces a significantly shorter "CA MESSAGE", which seems to
work as well for the descrambling as without the -m.

There seems to be a minor glitch in the patch, however, that
caused "patch" to fail initially with the error message

patch: **** unexpected end of hunk at line 566

After changing line 526 (where the hunk boundaries were defined)
to read "--- 298,336 ----" instead of "--- 298,481 ----", patch
didn't complain anymore and the resulting code compiled correctly
and works now.

--
Andreas Trottmann
Werft22 AG