[linux-dvb] Multi Tuner Cards

Budde, Marco wrote:
> Let's assume I want for write a DVB module
> for a card containing two paths. Each path
> has got its own tuner, which supports for
> example two standards: DVB-T and DVB-S.

> Would it be correct, two register one adapter
> with 4 frontends:
i think so, yes. i'm not yet sure about the two frontends, but i don't
think there's a better way.

Switching could be done with the (currently undocumented?)
DMX_SET_SOURCE call:

#define DMX_SET_SOURCE           _IOW('o', 49, dmx_source_t)

typedef enum {
  DMX_SOURCE_FRONT0 = 0,
  DMX_SOURCE_FRONT1,
  DMX_SOURCE_FRONT2,
  DMX_SOURCE_FRONT3,
} dmx_source_t;

So you need only one adapter, but more than one (virtual?) demux.

Felix