[linux-dvb] Multi Tuner Cards

Hi Marco,

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005, Budde, Marco wrote:
> Let's assume I want for write a DVB module
> for a card containing two paths. Each path
> has got its own tuner, which supports for
> example two standards: DVB-T and DVB-S.

As to my knowledge with the Linux DVB API 3 (which is currently used) it's
not possible to handle devices with multiple frontends (and thus multiple
muxes to demux) within one (software)-DVB-Adapter.

To achieve I think this you have to register one DVB-Adapter for each
frontend/mux-stream-combination in your driver. Up to 6 DVB adapter can be
created at the same time with the current implementation.

> Would it be correct, two register one adapter
> with 4 frontends:
>
>  <adapter 0: card 0>
>    <frontend 0: tuner 0 DVB-T mode>
>    <frontend 1: tuner 0 DVB-S mode>
>    <frontend 2: tuner 1 DVB-T mode>
>    <frontend 3: tuner 1 DVB-S mode>

Looks good, but it's not possible, yet. The Linux DVB API version 4 will
be able to handle such cases (afaik).

HTH,
Patrick.

--