[linux-dvb] Partially resolved HDTV5 lite and Twinhan DST together + dst module question

GFarris wrote:

> Hi Manu,

Sorry for the late reply.

> Michael Krufky suggested I re-post this after trying what you said
> with the dst module.
>
> Doing modprobe dst locks up my computer.
> Are you saying it replaces bttv and dvb-bt8xx?

No, what i meant is that it loads the necessary modules.

> I finally was able to get my computer to boot without locking up while
> both the HDTV5 lite and the Twinhan DST (MOT) are installed by
> switching pci slots with each other, and then doing:
>  bttv i2c_hw=1 card=0x71
>  dvb-bt8xx
>  dst
>
> However, now analog doesn't work with any of the usual programs.  If I
> re-scan, it only finds the channels it was last tuned to.  If I pull
> out the Twinhan, then analog works again.  Weird.

Probably it was writing to the dst (i2c) instead of the HDTV5. It should
not be writing to the DST, the DST tunes properly in that case ?
probably Michael Krufky can comment on the HDTV5, since he was working
on the HDTV5 lite. Michael any thoughts ?

> Also, I'd rather have the lite as the first card so I don't have to
> specify the card # since I use it more than the Twinhan.
>
> Anyway, I don't understand how dst by itself, or with
> dvb-bt8xx can work, since the Twinhan always barfs without the
> i2c_hw=1 parm.

The modules do get loaded due to the module dependencies in most cases,
ie if you have enabled CONFIG_KMOD in your kernel config.

Manu