[linux-dvb] Noob question

Colin McAllister wrote:
> Thanks for the help Andy :) I'm a bit of a linux noob so fingers
> crossed. I think I'm starting to understand tho.
>
> afaik I need to re-compile the kernel, then do a bit of reading up on
> cvs and update my video4linux ver.. I'll follow your instructions to the
> letter, once I have everything up to date..
>
> How do I apply the patch btw?
>
> I'll let you know how I get on!

No.  Follow his instructions exactly as they are WITHOUT recompiling
your kernel... You shouldnt need to do that, provided that video4linux
and dvb-core are compiled as modules.

about applying the patch, do "man patch" (for future reference)

after you do "scripts/merge-trees.sh", do:

patch -p0 < compro_t200_remote.patch

Depending on the time that you get this email, the patch may or may not
already be applied to cvs.  I took a copy of the patch, and didnt have a
chance to look at it yet.  I will apply it to cvs if all is well with it.

Cheers,
Mike Krufky