[linux-dvb] CVS Problems, and T200 unrecognised again (was RE:Compro DVB-T300 Remote)

atkellyx wrote:
> Hi Andy
>
> Sorry, I should've given you more info.
>
> I am running 2.6.11-gentoo-r9 on a pIII 500 (am using a dxr3 mpeg2
> decoder card as well).
>
> I am running the CVS download and make process exactly as you did but it
> seems like the make just ignores the saa7134-dvb module entirely, there
> don't appear to be any related error in the make output.  Here are the
> outputs:
>
> make output <http://jakester.homelinux.net/makeOutput.txt>
> make install output <http://jakester.homelinux.net/makeInstallOutput.txt>
>
> (BTW, do these links work?)
>
> It did seem to fit the description for Hartmuts hint to remove the
> "undef HAVE_TDA1004X" from compat.h but that makes no difference.
> There is a line in the dvb-kernel make.config that says you need kernel
> 2.6.12 or greater so I compiled a 2.6.13 patch 2 kernel and got exactly
> the same problem (as well as not being able to get the NIC working but
> that's another story).
>
> Anyway, I appreciate your help, any more tips you could give would be
> great.

Anthony-

I think this is your problem... In Make.config:

# doesn't build on kernels older than 2.6.12

CONFIG_VIDEO_CX88_DVB	:= n
CONFIG_VIDEO_SAA7134_DVB := n

The n's are there by default for kernels older than 2.6.12 (you have
2.6.11) ... In order to force the build of dvb modules, change
CONFIG_VIDEO_SAA7134_DVB from n to m

--
Michael Krufky