[linux-dvb] DVB-T card for PCI-X

On Fri, 2005-09-30 at 22:15 +0200, Christoph Anton Mitterer wrote:
> Jon Burgess wrote:
>
> > A DVB card for PCIe has been announced but AFAIK no one has tried to
> > use  it with the Linux drivers.
> > http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2005-September/004664.html
>
> Hmm,.. when I'm thinking about this,... it becomes more and more
> interesting for me.
>
> Currently I've got only on videocard (ASUS N7800 GTX). Im not an extreme
> gamer  (so I don't need all the 3D power) and I wouldn't use a second
> videocard for Nvidias SLI technologi (where you combine the power of two
> video cards).
> However, I'm defenitely going to buy a second display (is very nice when
> programming). The current card has two DVI-ports, but can I use the
> (one) videocard, to control two displays???
> If so, I wouldn't neet a second videocard at all, an I could use the 2nd
> PCIe slot for that nice DUAL (!!) DVB-T card *drols*
> If not, I could by a cheap less-power 2nd videocard for PCI-X and use
> that one to control a 2nd monitor, can't I?

You just need a dual-head graphics card.  Many (most?) current graphics
cards have dual-head capability.  Your card with dual-DVI connectors
certainly superficially seems to be a dual-head card.  So connect up a
second monitor, configure it, and off you go.

I'm currently using a dual-head Matrox G450 connected to a pair 21" CRTs
giving me lots of room and crystal clear picture :)

Now to bring it back on topic slightly... certainly on my setup, overlay
only works on your number one monitor.  That means you can still view
video on other screens, but it'll all be done in software with the
additional load etc.

Soyeb