[linux-dvb] Problem compiling DVB-Kernel for 2.6.9 Kernel

On Wed, Sep 28, 2005 at 09:17:22AM +0100, Mcleish, Marlan W wrote:
> Ok, I have managed to compile the drivers, however this involved me
> having to copy over video_buf.h from 2.6.13 kernel to 2.6.9 kernel and
> copying over video_buf.c to the DVB-kernel directory, then altering
> the CinergyT2.c file in DVB-kernel to get it to compile correctly,
> altering the dvb-kernel make file to point to the 2.6.9 kernel source
> as I have to pre-built the images before I can place them on the PXA
> development board as it has no means of compiling its own code. Now my
> issue is that it wont insert the modules into the kernel on the pxa
> device, giving me an unknown symbol error every time I try. Is there
> any feedback I could get to aid me in this as its making some progress
> now.

You'd have to tell use which symbol is unresolved (from kernel log).

Do you need just the cinergyT2 driver or others, too?

For USB devices there's a pitfall with timeouts in the
usb_* API calls which have changed from jiffies to millisecs.
You might want to check those, the compiler won't warn you
about this.

HTH,
Johannes