[linux-dvb] Re: Patch for bttv freeze for twinhan cards

Hans Gunnarsson wrote:

> Hi!
>
> In april Manu sent out a patch for the bttv freeze for 2.6.11
>
> I have just restored my system and need that patch again. Anyone know
> where I can get it, and exactly which patch I need?
> Tried searching the archives but there are several versions and
> .diff-files out there, I am not sure which one/ones I need...

Hello Hans,

For the freeze, you can simply delete the bttv_reset_audio() in
bttv_init_card2(), bttv_cards.c. You would need the i2c timeout fix [1]
also, for fixing the i2c timeouts too. But with that you need to use the
updated dst.c also !

There have been a lot of fixes that went into dst, so it would be better
that you update to the latest version.
Anyway, if you don't want to update to the latest CVS/ kernel, you can
most probably delete the existing dst* (only dst* !) in the bt8xx/
directory and update them with the ones in CVS. That would still leave
you with 2.6.11.x

[1] Attached is the i2c timeout fix (This one was against 2.6.11.6)

Manu